Arbolus is reinventing the traditional and analog expert network industry by bringing technology to the forefront of knowledge sharing. Our platform helps hundreds of clients worldwide to connect with the best experts, collect high-quality insights faster, and streamline their processes using leading AI technology.
Headquartered in London, we are a venture-backed scale-up working with global consulting and leading private equity firms. With offices in Barcelona, New York, and Gurgaon, we have a truly international team of over 150 people.
Recently listed as one of Europe’s top 25 fastest-growing companies, we are building a team that can continue to support our ambitious growth plans.
About the role
The Business Development Representative is focused on creating a robust pipeline of qualified sales opportunities by facilitating introductory calls and meetings between institutional investors and the Arbolus sales team. As an individual contributor, the goal of this role is to generate interest in Arbolus and open up strategic conversations with high-potential buyers.
Key responsibilities you will be in charge of
- Create qualified opportunities by effectively cold prospecting through multiple methods of outreach
- Manage a high volume of accounts with a strategy for prioritization of your accounts and key initiatives
- Research the market, identify key targets, and connect directly with prospective clients
- Constantly iterate and improve strategy and tactics to deliver a high volume of quality leads for the sales team
- Refine the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) in your segment while collaborating with the sales team to penetrate targeted accounts with innovative approaches
- Understand the challenges faced by your clients and the market
- Strive for operational excellence
This role directly reports to the VP of Inside Sales and is based in our Barcelona office working in Central European Time hours.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual who learns quickly, loves taking on new challenges, has a high level of energy, and is enthusiastic about the unique opportunity to be an early member of a fast-growing sales team.
Requirements to succeed in this role
- 1-2 years experience in outbound prospecting into a targeted list of accounts
- Track record of success in an SDR, BDR, or similar sales-related role
- Skilled at discovering new leads through research and developing relationships with prospects through consultative selling
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Strong academic background
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills
- The ability to speak with stakeholders at all professional levels
- Native level of English; any other European language is a plus
Nice to have
- Previous experience in a start-up or fast-paced environment
- Experience in a sales function within a technology/software company
- Hands-on experience with SaaS products
What we offer
- Variable bonus on top of your base salary
25 days of paid time off per year + all local bank holidays. Arbolus puts heavy emphasis on quality of life and wants to ensure everyone has a fair amount of time to recharge and relax
- Flexibility with local bank holidays
- Share option plan for all employees
- Private health insurance
- Flexible remuneration for meals and transport (Cobee Card)
- Relocation package to help you with your move to Barcelona
- 2 weeks per year to work from abroad
- Top-notch equipment to make our work efficient and smooth (MacBook Air, Jabra 75 headphones set,...)
- Free coffee, tea, and snacks to boost our energy during the day
- Monday office breakfast to start our week
- Regular social activities are managed by our local Social Committees
- Language courses to extend our knowledge (English, Spanish, and Catalan)
- Office First organization
Arbolus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Please be advised that at this moment Arbolus is not able to provide support in the visa sponsorship process.